Thursday, May 10, 2012

CLAY! CLAY! CLAY! CLAY!

I freaking loved this project. At the moment, mine is still waiting to be glazed, but I can't wait to see the final product. There will definitely be pics up, don't you worry. I like working with my hands and I think that's why this has been one of my favorites. I was a little unsure about how to design my bowl because I really wanted it to look different than anyone else's. So i decided to use a hugeeee strip of clay and cut out a zig-zag design from it to put around my bowl. I thought it gave it a sort of "tribal" look to it so I decided to continue with that. I put in various patterns consisting of lines and dots and even added little rolled up balls of clay.On the inside of my bowl I used a radial design alternating between the regular clay color and the red clay. I'm excited to see the finished, shiny bowl. keep ya updated dawg.

No comments:

Post a Comment