Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Monster Named Googie



When Mr.Sands told us we were getting to make mini monsters out of clay I was really excited. I like making unrealistic things, and seem to be a little better at them too. The monster I was assigned to recreate was Googie. This is Googie.




In this next picture you can see the steps I took to recreate him. The photograph is the picture I received when I chose to make Googie. It is the original that the Kindergartner had made. After that I made my own drawing of Googie with a few different colors and more of the way I saw him but definitely still how my Kindergarten kid created him. After all, it is still his(:



The type of clay I used to make Googie was Sculpey. Everyone was told to use this clay before we started the project but after messing with it for like half an hour and not getting anywhere with it, every one else went to the regular clay. My Sculpey was working for me and I really liked the colors so I decided to stick with it. The arms and leg-type-things were a struggle to figure out how I was going to make. I then thought using wire would make them look much more like they were intended to and plus look good too. This is the final product. I really enjoyed this project and working with clay and I really hope that the student who first drew the picture of Googie enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment